Thursday 25 June 2009

ABN-AMRO - Frauds


This is one way NOT to treat a customer...here's a transcript of a call that I had with Fraud & Risk Management this morning.
Slite - "Hi, I'm calling because I got a letter from you temporarily blocking my card. It actually caused me a big problem because I was actually on a trip, I was supposed to buy a Mac!"
ABN - "Well, we saw that there was AN unusual transaction on this card, $___ was spent at an electrical store in New York, & then someone tried to use it at the Guggenheim for $20, so we blocked it"
Slite - "urrm, well it wasn't unusual...I was on holiday!? I can leave the country right"
ABN - "Well maybe you can contact us before you go on a trip to let us know"
Slite - "I'm sorry, but that makes NO sense at all. I shouldn't have to let you know everytime I leave the country, and if you DO suspect that my card is being used fraudulantly, then call me, DON'T send me a letter I received when I'm still on holiday!"
ABN - 'urrm, yes...well I suppose that does make sense...can you give me your number please?"

So to all you financial institutions out there...how about actually 'talking' [do you remember that?] to your customers, rather than leaving them stranded & fu**d.

Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where you trying to buy MY mac?!
;-)
#1.5